For the design inspirations session, we're taking OUR inspiration from one of my favorite gaming presentations: Jane McGonigal, Ian Bogost, and Mia Consalvo's yearly top ten game design research findings. Each year at the Game Developer's Conference, these three share the most interesting gleanings from a year of game design research. It's tight, it's snappy, and it provides a lot of interesting food for thought.
For AAM, we are taking a similar approach to present ten design insights from the wide world outside of museums that can be applied within museums towards exhibition design. If you would like to share YOUR insight with the greater AAM world, please send me:
- A paragraph on your insight and why it should be included
- A one-sentence or phrase version of it
- No more than three examples (images/media plus info)
- A resulting challenge, question, or takeaway for the museum world
- your examples CANNOT come from museums
- your examples CANNOT come from your own work
If you have "just an idea" and want to share it, please do so in the comments and we can start buzzing with good inspiration.