Museum 2.0 specializes in designing museum experiences and exhibitions that are community informed, socially stimulating, technologically ambitious, and intriguingly experimental. With expertise in gaming, the social web, and collaborative exhibit development, I can bring new perspectives to the way you do business across your institution.
I am available for consulting and strategic development, and creative design and leadership of exhibition, technology, and museum planning projects.
I also offer training workshops on the following topics:
- From Me to We: Creating visitor social networks around museum content
- Gaming the Museum: Using game mechanics and techniques to design engaging visitor experiences
- The Participatory Museum: IT-free ways to turn visitors into users and involve staff at all levels as content generators and moderators
- Web 2.0 for Museum Professionals: The tools, the language, and the opportunities that fit your institution's needs
Recent projects include:
- strategic consulting with TELUS World of Science - Calgary on social technology integration into their planned new science centre
- design and implementation of a media exhibit design institute for teens at the Chabot Space & Science Center
- leadership and exhibit design/management of The Tech Virtual Test Zone at The Tech Museum of Innovation
- narrative game design for the CSI:NY virtual experience with The Electric Sheep Company
- experience design for Operation Spy at the International Spy Museum
Contact me today to start discussing your crazy idea!