Thursday, April 08, 2010

Quick Hit: Nina on the Road

Hi folks. I've been enjoying a few blissful weeks at home but am now hitting the road for a series of conferences and work trips, and I wanted to let you know where I'll be if you want to meet up or come to an event. Many of the talks are related to The Participatory Museum and I will have books for sale on all of these forays.

Here's the list for the next two months:
  • April 14-17 - Denver for Museums and the Web conference. I'm giving a workshop on design techniques for encouraging user participation (sorry, it's full). And then throughout the rest of the conference I'll be throwing frisbees, trying craft beer, and selling books out of my back pocket. Oh, and learning something--hopefully from you.
  • April 22/23 - Washington DC. I'm giving a free talk at the Smithsonian American Art Museum on the evening of the 22nd, and then a free workshop on the 23rd at the National Postal Museum on designing better mechanisms for visitor feedback and response. The workshop requires an RSVP, the talk does not. Both are open to the public.
  • April 29 - I'm heading to the Oakland Museum for the preview of its reopening. I'm psyched to see what their innovative team has done to make this community-focused institution better than ever. Note that they are having a free, public 31-hour reopening celebration on May 1-2.
  • May 6 - Berkeley, CA. I'm giving a free talk about visitor participation in the evening at JFKU in association with the museum studies program and Cultural Connections. Cultural Connections members will get a $5 discount if you buy the book at the event.
  • May 17 - NYC. I'll be part of the keynote panel at the NYC Museum Educator's Roundtable conference, and then doing a public talk that evening at the Whitney Museum about The Participatory Museum with Shelley Bernstein and Josh Greenberg ($5 entrance fee, details coming soon).
  • May 23-27 - Los Angeles for the American Association of Museums conference. I'm chairing two sessions at AAM, one on design for participation (May 24) and the other on mission-driven approaches to technology development (May 26). I will also be doing a book signing at the AAM bookstore on the afternoon of the 24th.
  • June 1-4 - I'll be working in Minneapolis and am scheduling a public talk at a local museum (likely the Walker Art Center or the Science Museum of Minnesota) during that week, details coming soon.
  • June 9 - I'm doing a webinar with Stephanie Weaver of Experiencology fame. This is not free, but it will be awesome, and no one has to travel to attend. It's $35 and limited to 50 people.
  • June 17 - I'm keynoting the Washington Museums Association conference in Gig Harbor, WA.
I hope to see you there... wherever "there" is for you!

5 comments, add yours!:

Anonymous said...

Nina, That schedule sounds grueling! Do we get to see you at the Family Reunion after the Washington State event? I can't wait. You are going to be bubbling with stories. Looking forward to seeing you, Pat

Nina Simon said...

Grueling but fun - and I will definitely be at the reunion! Can't wait to make some ice cream with you and hear how everyone is doing.

gih said...

Haha, that's a nice ride. I can't take it for long hanging and swinging...

正碩嫌念阿彌陀佛往生西方極樂世界 said...

阿彌陀佛 無相佈施


不要吃五辛(葷菜,在古代宗教指的是一些食用後會影響性情、慾望的植
物,主要有五種葷菜,合稱五葷,佛家與道家所指有異。

近代則訛稱含有動物性成分的餐飲食物為「葷菜」,事實上這在古代是稱
之為腥。所謂「葷腥」即這兩類的合稱。 葷菜
維基百科,自由的百科全書
(重定向自五辛) 佛家五葷

在佛家另稱為五辛,五種辛味之菜。根據《楞嚴經》記載,佛家五葷為大
蒜、小蒜、興渠、慈蔥、茖蔥;五葷生啖增恚,使人易怒;熟食發淫,令
人多慾。[1]

《本草備要》註解云:「慈蔥,冬蔥也;茖蔥,山蔥也;興渠,西域菜,云
即中國之荽。」

興渠另說為洋蔥。) 肉 蛋 奶?!











念楞嚴經 *∞窮盡相關 消去無關 證據 時效 念阿彌陀佛往生西方極樂世界











我想製造自己的行為反作用力
不婚 不生子女 生生世世不當老師








log 二0.3010 三0.47710.48 五0.6990 七0.8451 .85
root 二1.414 1.41 三1.732 1.73五 2.236 2.24七 2.646
=>十3.16 π∈Q' 一點八1.34

Erin B said...

I just received a scholarship to the WMA conference. Can't wait to hear your lecture!!