Here's the list for the next two months:
- April 14-17 - Denver for Museums and the Web conference. I'm giving a workshop on design techniques for encouraging user participation (sorry, it's full). And then throughout the rest of the conference I'll be throwing frisbees, trying craft beer, and selling books out of my back pocket. Oh, and learning something--hopefully from you.
- April 22/23 - Washington DC. I'm giving a free talk at the Smithsonian American Art Museum on the evening of the 22nd, and then a free workshop on the 23rd at the National Postal Museum on designing better mechanisms for visitor feedback and response. The workshop requires an RSVP, the talk does not. Both are open to the public.
- April 29 - I'm heading to the Oakland Museum for the preview of its reopening. I'm psyched to see what their innovative team has done to make this community-focused institution better than ever. Note that they are having a free, public 31-hour reopening celebration on May 1-2.
- May 6 - Berkeley, CA. I'm giving a free talk about visitor participation in the evening at JFKU in association with the museum studies program and Cultural Connections. Cultural Connections members will get a $5 discount if you buy the book at the event.
- May 17 - NYC. I'll be part of the keynote panel at the NYC Museum Educator's Roundtable conference, and then doing a public talk that evening at the Whitney Museum about The Participatory Museum with Shelley Bernstein and Josh Greenberg ($5 entrance fee, details coming soon).
- May 23-27 - Los Angeles for the American Association of Museums conference. I'm chairing two sessions at AAM, one on design for participation (May 24) and the other on mission-driven approaches to technology development (May 26). I will also be doing a book signing at the AAM bookstore on the afternoon of the 24th.
- June 1-4 - I'll be working in Minneapolis and am scheduling a public talk at a local museum (likely the Walker Art Center or the Science Museum of Minnesota) during that week, details coming soon.
- June 9 - I'm doing a webinar with Stephanie Weaver of Experiencology fame. This is not free, but it will be awesome, and no one has to travel to attend. It's $35 and limited to 50 people.
- June 17 - I'm keynoting the Washington Museums Association conference in Gig Harbor, WA.
I hope to see you there... wherever "there" is for you!